So, how long has been since I’ve written?! Get ready for a lot of pics.
1) Noah went like 6 months without a haircut because the last time I took him he FREAKED out. Then I started to get oddly attached to his long hair. But alas … I said enough is enough and we took him to this fun kid’s haircut place and they did a FANTASTIC job! Super patient, really nice, and Noah didn’t cry once! Yes, we bribed him with a Dum-Dum during his haircut and rewarded him with another one after. My philosophy is, Do What Works. It’s not like he eats them every day.
2) I was organizing some things and found my “year book” from when I was a senior at this ridiculously horrible charter school. I want to know where this girl went! Almost everything I find from high school is this super confident, strong, determined teenager. And I don’t know where she went!! But I’m slowly finding her again. This picture is from when I first chopped off my hair as a rebellion towards my mother. I knew she’d hate it but I was almost 18 and at this point engaged to my husband, so I figured “What is she gonna do to me?!” She told me I looked like a lesbian. Don’t ask what I’m doing to my shirt in this pic, I have no idea. But I still adore the quote I chose. And seriously, what didn’t I want to be?! I’ve wanted to be everything under the sun!
3) Zoe and I made cookies one day to bring to a play date we were having the next day. She knows her dad has a serious weakness for cookies, so she made him this sign. And she was definitely serious about it. It says, “You can have 1 cookie”. The picture she drew is of a cookie jar with lots of cookies and there’s dad, only taking ONE. And that’s pretty much how she explained it to me ha!
4) We went to Tony’s annual holiday party at work. It’s geared towards kids which is really awesome. They had a couple bounce houses and slides, donuts and coffee, face painting, cotton candy, and even some crafts. The station he works for, recently bought another local station so they will be merging in the next 9-12 months and all going under one roof. So this year the party was at the station they just bought (where everyone will move to). We got to take a tour (and this building is HUGE. I seriously got lost), Santa was there and he even brought a couple gifts! Zoe was SO excited to see Santa and then she got up there and would NOT smile for a single picture.
5) Just this last Friday we took a field trip to Schenpf Farms, for a field trip with Zoe’s preschool. I brought Noah which was a little challenging because he’s my wild child, but we had fun and we survived! (I have an update on Noah’s speech therapy and we just started occupational therapy, so I’ll try to write about that next time.) We got to pick radishes, pet some goats and see some animals, and then at the end we took a hayride and saw some deer! Oh and we had a picnic lunch with our friends.
6) Saturday we had a date night, which like NEVER happens. But we got tickets to see Alice Cooper’s Christmas Pudding concert. It’s an annual concert to benefit his Solid Rock Teen Center here in Phoenix. It was really awesome but it was 6 hours long. I almost fell asleep. Those empty-nesters really know how to P-A-R-T-Y. Like seriously. They were going strong all night! I realized I’m an awkward age. Not young enough to where loud music is ‘awesome’ and ‘cool’. But not old enough to where loud music is helpful and allows me to hear better. It’s just TOO loud. ;-)
7) Tony had a pretty awesome week at work. He met two rock legends. First, he got to meet Mick Fleetwood. He interviewed him for a story about his photographs that he had up in a Scottsdale art gallery. Then the next day he got to meet Alice Cooper. He got to follow Alice Cooper around … I can’t remember what the story was about … I think the teen center. So, that made it even more fun to see him perform. (Along with some other really awesome and legendary people like Nils Lofgren and Jonny Lang….) I will admit, I didn’t know many of the songs, much to my husband’s horror. I did not grow up in a rock n roll house. My parents didn’t even let me listen to the radio because they told me there was subliminal messaging. They were also the people that believed KISS were Satan worshipers. What I know about classic rock, I learned from my husband.
I’ve been trying some new makeup and playing around. I plan on writing about that soon and as I mentioned, I have some new things to share about Noah! Oh and I still don’t have a Christmas tree. We are getting one on Sunday or my friend will kill me and continue to call me Scrooge ha. I was in the Christmas mood and then it left me. And if we didn’t have kids, I probably wouldn’t even get a tree this year. I think it’s the weather … It does not feel like Christmas! OHHHH AND I’m gonna share some new workout things I’ve been doing. I totally changed up my schedule and am taking a few different classes that I LOVE including a new one they just added, barre conditioning.
I’ll see you back here SOON! Have a fabulous Monday!